Friday, May 6, 2016

Street and Photography



For me, street is a place to see people rushing. Although the rush is common, but the purpose varies. Some rush to go school and wait for the bus. Some rush to be at office on time.  Some dress beautifully and elegantly and rush to attend the social events. Some rush to be at home. Some rush to be in the business.


Among these feeling of rush, streets are also a way to witness the process of everyday life. Streets are the places to find a way for you in the midst of diverse and unknown peoples. I am walking the same streets for more than a week, everyday I feel a somewhat similar yet different experience and only few seems to be known.

 And, seeing all those happening, I ask myself, what do I rush for? Not for the reasons that I mentioned above. There is more than that. I find myself in more complex situations for the simple questions. This drives and I move ahead. Bit by bit, I am learning and accepting these rushing hours.

And, I search…

When I do have time, I stare at peoples around me on the streets. I look at the rolling eyes and make assumptions about them. To some, I approach and talk. To some, I keep distance and just watch on the response they offer. To some, I feel pity about. To some, I get attracted and wish I could have a talk. To some, I laugh at them. To some, I feel they are naughty. With every pedestrians pass by, emotions and feelings do change.

And, I feel that…

When I do have some more time, I invite myself to narrow streets and lose my way. The more the deeper, the more is the silence and the less is the rush. The comparison between the more and less, confuses me and often I don’t get any words to talk with myself. Then I ask, why I chose to be here. Turning back will be my option.  But, I chose to walk more and see what these streets have to offer me.

When all this is happening; I take my camera and capture moments. Some became blurring. Some ends to be a perfect composition. Some decisive moments I miss. Some narrates the story. Some are incomplete.
Whenever I virtually rewind my time, I confess and commit to learn more…


And, I mean it…





































No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to put down your feedback!